Dr. 'Bryan Ardis' "Nicotine Gum STOPS 'Covid-19', The Answer To The 'Covid-19' Pandemic"

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Dr. 'Bryan Ardis' "Nicotine Gum STOPS 'Covid-19', The Answer To The 'Covid-19' Pandemic"

Post by ofonorow » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:50 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Dr. 'Bryan Ardis' "Nicotine Gum STOPS 'Covid-19', The Answer To The 'Covid-19' Pandemic"

Post by jimmylesante » Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:06 pm

Is this why i havent had covid- i use 250 to 1g niacin a day.?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Dr. 'Bryan Ardis' "Nicotine Gum STOPS 'Covid-19', The Answer To The 'Covid-19' Pandemic"

Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:49 pm

Maybe but I am not sure about the connection between nicotinic acid (vitamin B3) and nicotine?

Also his message is that rather than being a simple viral cold or flu, COVID 19 integrates snake venom peptides (as the spike protein). Peptides which attach to the nicotine receptors, which is why nicotine is therapeutic.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by ofonorow » Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:08 pm

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blargus » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:43 pm

Dr. William Whitby pro-tobacco book "Smoking is Good for You" says:

. Nicotine can be converted to Nicotinic Acid. While not the same substance as nicotine, nicotinic acid is commonly prescribed by doctors all over the world for diseases of the circulation . But the very name is abhorrent to some tobacco-hating doctors. Since, because of its undeniable value, it cannot be replaced by any other effective medication, there have been suggestions to change the name so that patients won't think they are being benefited by nicotine

Both nicotine and nicotinic acid (B3) help symptoms of schiophrenia but I dunno about the chemistry. Not much info I've found other than that single claim.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post by jimmylesante » Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:15 pm

Maybe but I am not sure about the connection between nicotinic acid (vitamin B3) and nicotine?

Niacin was called nicotinic acid originally because it can be created with the oxidation of nicotine and nitric acid. ergo reduction of niacin would be...?

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blargus » Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:20 pm

jimmylesante wrote:Is this why i havent had covid- i use 250 to 1g niacin a day.?

'
This paper says maybe yes:

Nicotinamide: An Oral Antimicrobial Agent with Activity against Both Mycobacterium tuberculosis and Human Immunodeficiency Virus
https://academic.oup.com/cid/article/36 ... ogin=false

Blargus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post by Blargus » Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:21 pm

Article says that Niacin helps for covid by addressing NAD depletion. Guess what Nicotine also does this apparently at least in mice.

Physicians in India have recommended "the mass scale distribution and use of nicotinamide (NAM) supplementation to decrease COVID- 19 prevalence," based on recent Phase II clinical studies observing that nicotinamide supplementation with the standard of care demonstrably reduced COVID-19 patient recovery time by nearly 30% compared to standard of care alone. [25]

In a mouse model COVID-19 study, injected NAD kept them alive. [26] Investigators examining the effect of treatment with NAD+ found that the pneumonia phenotypes, including excessive inflammatory cell infiltration and embolization in SARS-CoV-2 infected lungs were significantly rescued by boosting NAD+ levels. Most notably, cell death was suppressed by greater than 65% with NAD+ supplementation!

http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v18n25.shtml

Nicotine rebalances NAD+ homeostasis and improves aging-related symptoms in male mice by enhancing NAMPT activity
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-36543-8

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”