Sally Norton's "Toxic Superfoods" claims vitamin C creates oxalates and is harmful over 250 mg

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Sally Norton's "Toxic Superfoods" claims vitamin C creates oxalates and is harmful over 250 mg

Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:43 am

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Sally Norton's "Toxic Superfoods" claims vitamin C creates oxalates and is harmful over 250 mg

Post by ofonorow » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:48 am

Doc,

I am still working on the comprehensive answer to Sally Norton's contention that doses of vitamin C should be limited to 250 mg, or be toxic.

In the meantime,

The Vitamin C Foundation conducted experiments showing that oral ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) provide higher blood levels than an Intravenous infusion -- by minute 3 if gulped all at once! (see figure 3). This was previously unknown, blood levels return back to normal by minute 20.

Unexpected Early Response in Oral Bioavailability of Ascorbic Acid
https://www.townsendletter.com/article/online-unexpected-oral-vitamin-c-response/

Repeatable and inexpensive experiments have cast doubt on the hypothesis that only 200 mg of vitamin C taken orally can be absorbed. We measured vitamin C blood plasma levels every minute for the first 40 minutes using a novel approach.

Note: Long time members may remember us conducting this experiment "in real" time, and reporting results online at this forum. This became a bone of contention with our best member; the reason that long-time super-member ( Professor of Cardiology) jonwen quit the forum. We never heard from him again, to our great detriment. He just could not accept that fact that vitamin C could travel through the stomach wall, and not enter the blood via the intestines, and gave up arguing with me. (Seem to be having the same problem with top member(s) over the Medical Medium information..)

And this previously unknown finding is one reason I was quick to trust, and now revere, the Medical Medium. William in the first book wrote that "sugar" enters the blood in "3 minutes" and won't feed candida, because it doesn't travel down the intestines. (Anthony William). Nobody else on the planet knew this, and few do even now. I'll use kindle and provide the actual quotes. This was like a black swan - in reverse. There was no way the Medium's Source could have known or faked this information - that nobody else knew about, even an AI.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”