No bowel tolerance yet

Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

No bowel tolerance yet

Post by BaronZemo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:18 am

I am up to 38 grams vitamin c in total (mainly liposomal) divided 3 times daily and yet no loose stools, is lipo different than regular c, I am afraid I will be spending a lot to get to bowel tolerance?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: No bowel tolerance yet

Post by pamojja » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:09 am

I am up to 38 grams vitamin c in total (mainly liposomal) divided 3 times daily and yet no loose stools, is lipo different than regular c, I am afraid I will be spending a lot to get to bowel tolerance?
My bowel tolerance is at 50g ascorbic acid powder per day, easily explained by my seasonal rhinitis alone. Though, with only 3 times a day intake, you'll reach loose stools long before your real bowel tolerance. For example, in my case 10 g would already give me a loose stool, but still so far away from my real daily bowel tolerance.

Titrating to bowel tolerance (see here for exact instructions: http://www.doctoryourself.com/titration.html ) is done in many more frequent doses throughout a waking day - with such single huge doses, as in your case ~17 g you reach a falsified lower bowel tolerance too early. Liposomal is not fit for this purpose, since you could get a loose stool long before by the PPC alone in the liposomal preparation.

For example, with self-made liposomal ascorbate my bowel tolerance is already at 36 g, also not my real daily bowel tolerance above 50g.

For titrating to bowel tolerance I would use only pure ascorbic acid, since so many other ingredients in many grams aren't as healthy as ascorbic acid alone.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:07 pm

pamojja wrote:
BaronZemo wrote:I am up to 38 grams vitamin c in total (mainly liposomal) divided 3 times daily and yet no loose stools, is lipo different than regular c, I am afraid I will be spending a lot to get to bowel tolerance?

My bowel tolerance is at 50g ascorbic acid powder per day, easily explained by my seasonal rhinitis alone. Though, with only 3 times a day intake, you'll reach loose stools long before your real bowel tolerance. For example, in my case 10 g would already give me a loose stool, but still so far away from my real daily bowel tolerance.

Titrating to bowel tolerance (see here for exact instructions: http://www.doctoryourself.com/titration.html ) is done in many more frequent doses throughout a waking day - with such single huge doses, as in your case ~17 g you reach a falsified lower bowel tolerance too early. Liposomal is not fit for this purpose, since you could get a loose stool long before by the PPC alone in the liposomal preparation.

For example, with self-made liposomal ascorbate my bowel tolerance is already at 36 g, also not my real daily bowel tolerance above 50g.

For titrating to bowel tolerance I would use only pure ascorbic acid, since so many other ingredients in many grams aren't as healthy as ascorbic acid alone.

So what's the point of liposomal then, isn't that what Dr Levy recommended as alternative to IV? Like I said, I am not at bowel tolerance yet, maybe a slight stomach pain or gas...If I took it hourly I would probably be at 70g

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:20 am

Last edited by pamojja on Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:27 am

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:35 am

BaronZemo wrote:Like I said, I am not at bowel tolerance yet, maybe a slight stomach pain or gas...If I took it hourly I would probably be at 70g

If you read the article about titration I linked first, you would know by now that with cancer (you said you have of the prostrate in another post) daily bowel tolerance can easily reach 100 g or more per day.

Either you increase intake to at least hourly, or you never actually titrated to daily bowel tolerance. The titrate table indicates up to 15 intakes a day for cancer. That is exactly each woke hour of the day.

The goal of titrating to bowel tolerance is to get as much ascorbate during one day as humanely possible into the body. Which can only be achieved by spreading out intakes. Without increasing frequency, you'll get loose stool long before, without accomplishing exactly that.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:09 am

And yes, taking it that often is a chore. 15 glasses of water during the day, in which to mix the ascorbic acid with, is just too much. I therefore started to take it by placing a spoon of powder on my tongue, and immediately swallow it down with much less water.

BaronZemo
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post by BaronZemo » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:23 pm

pamojja wrote:And yes, taking it that often is a chore. 15 glasses of water during the day, in which to mix the ascorbic acid with, is just too much. I therefore started to take it by placing a spoon of powder on my tongue, and immediately swallow it down with much less water.

'
OK so regular Vitamin c can get into the cells as much as lipo, that being said, I will start with 5 grams hourly...what about timed release c, any advantage to that?

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post by pamojja » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:19 am

BaronZemo wrote:..what about timed release c, any advantage to that?

Personally, I would use pure ascorbic acid powder only, at them most mixed with a little bicarbonate powder. For the simple reason that capsules, tablets and the more so slow-release vitamin C contain many binders and fillers, with in the 50 to 100 gram intake range, can only become a disadvantage to one's health.

When taking hourly, slow-release simply gives no additional advantage.

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”