Effect of Vitamin C Infusion on Organ Failure ... Sepsis

A discussion of Paul Marik's remarkable new therapy that cures a major killer in hospitals: Sepsis

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

gogojoe

Effect of Vitamin C Infusion on Organ Failure ... Sepsis

Post Number:#1  Post by gogojoe » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:46 am

Perhaps you might be interested in the following Study:
October 1, 2019
Effect of Vitamin C Infusion on Organ Failure and Biomarkers of Inflammation and Vascular Injury in Patients With Sepsis and Severe Acute Respiratory Failure
The CITRIS-ALI Randomized Clinical Trial

Here is an Abstract: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/2752063

Here is a Much More Informative and Useful YouTube Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3_aYNT1KNA

Here is the -- Conclusions and Relevance In this preliminary study of patients with sepsis and ARDS, a 96-hour infusion of vitamin C compared with placebo did not significantly improve organ dysfunction scores or alter markers of inflammation and vascular injury. Further research is needed to evaluate the potential role of vitamin C for other outcomes in sepsis and ARDS.

======*
After watching the video and reading the Abstract -- I was Saddened, somewhat Confused, and Angered by this Conclusion. I saw something very different as a watched the video. Here is the comment I made on the YouTube Video:
You must watch this video to understand the True Significant Benefits of High Dose Vitamin C. To me this study suggest that a Patient is much better off receiving the High Dose Vitamin C. For example during the 96 hours Vitamin C was being administered – 19 patients died in the Placebo group, vs 4 in the Vitamin C group. This also suggest continuing Vitamin C longer could well be beneficial. ICU Free Days improved. Hospital Free Days Improved. Mortality Improved at day 28 and 60.
======*
IMO -- This study was able to reach the Conclusion that it reached -- by IGNORING the deaths. Deaths did not impact -- organ dysfunction scores.
Death truly makes an organ dysfunctional.
The study Conclusion is Extremely Misleading and misses much of the important parts of the Results.
The good news is more Studies are hoped for.

Your Thoughts?

Robert Warren

Return to “Sepsis Cure: IV/C, Hydrocortisone and Vit B1 Protocol”