Glucose: The Diabetes Cure

The discussion of advanced medical knowledge now channeled through the Medical Medium Anthony William. This knowledge amounts to perfect Naturopathy. Knowing what causes chronic and other disease, the followers of Linus Pauling extend Naturopathy with human-based nutritional science Pauling called orthomolecular (right molecules) in therapeutic amounts.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Glucose: The Diabetes Cure

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:13 am

The title of my next book: Glucose: The Diabetes Cure

The photo is of my overnight glucose from my Abbott Libre continuous glucose monitor - after an all carb, high carb dinner. I know people who know me are worried that I am now hypoglycemic.

And I see now that what I thought was "50" was closer to one hundred - the bottom of the blue safety line.

I was telling people that BEFORE I started the new protocol ( almost no fat) the overnight levels were higher, sometimes still in the blue, but often above.

In 3 days following the protocol in Medical Medium, that all changed.

The overnite (liver maintained) glucose levels dropped to the bottom of the blue "safe" line, and sometimes below. Eating ALL carbs. (Until just now, I though it was below 50, probably closer to 90)

For example, last night I went to an Italian restaurant, had a ton of pasta (spaghetti), bread with olive oil (sans the normal butter I would use), large salad, and then home to a lot of desert and a ton of glucose tabs. Yes, I needed insulin, but less, and study the snapshot of my overnight blood sugar with that kind of (High Carb/Low Fat) diet.

The other day we splurged and had two hot dogs - Wham - the overnight steady-state blood sugar was much higher and harder to control.

It is such a different world now. Being able to eat things I like and that taste good to me - so long as no fat, almost any level of carbohydrate feeds the boddy what it needs. I had a rootbeer float for dinner the other night :-) Yes, I took insulin, but the same overnight result.

I, as a profound insulin-dependent diabetic (sans a portion of my pancreas), to be able to eat bread and potatoes and sweets with the only consequence being I have lower blood sugar and less requirement for insulin - so long as I keep total fat to less than 10% of my calories - as Linus Pauling might say, is miraculous.

(And there are some sugars, such as the high fructose corn syrup found in soft drinks, that are not helpful, they are not glucose .)

There is the issue that cancer tumors have 10-times the number of glucose receptors. I will deal with that issue more in the cancer forum, but suffice it to say - if you have an active cancer, you still want to starve it of glucose, because its needs for glucose are even higher than ordinary cells. We know from the Keto experience that you can live being starved for glucose... More in the cancer forum

I am also announcing the first use of a trademark. (September 5, 2019)

World's Finest Glucose (tm)

World's Finest Glucose is a trademark of Immortal Cell Sciences.

This will be a registered trademark, if possible (the wording may be too generic to get it registered) .
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Glucose: The Diabetes Cure

Post Number:#2  Post by johnjackson » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:43 pm

if this post is out of line or whatver, please
delete

I have 2 diabetics in my family and a big fan of Dr J mcdougal about his cure for diabetes
no/low fat
lots of veggies/fruit
and it helps kill the major killer, cancer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyRuDpqYuvY

summed up

I am supporting this post
Yes, low fat(except 10grams efas, or no fat leads to gallstones?)
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#3  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:13 am

I don't now know the good Dr. McDougal, but it is almost as if he has read the Medical Medium :D

There will be more detailed cancer information in the cancer sections, regarding any danger from taking glucose with a malignancy. There is the issue that cancer cells are ten times as hungry for glucose as ordinary cells; they have 10 times the number of GLUT receptors (thank you for bringing this to my attention Dr. Levy :!: )

As an overview of the problem, (if there is really a problem)

ALL cells require glucose.

So lets assume you do (someone does) have what amounts to an active malignancy.

Shouldn't you (that person) be on no carb? Isn't there a concern about you taking glucose?

Maybe not. Yes tumor cells have 10 times the number of glucose receptors, but those receptors are useless without one thing.

Insulin

Insulin is required to push glucose through Insulin-dependent transporters. So a cancer patient is more concerned about generating high insulin spikes.

In my case, insulin-dependent diabetic, my sugar levels (and I only make a little insulin) on the Medical Medium's "grazing" protocol have been the same as when I was doing intermittent fasting.

So the puzzle is, if grazing is the best way to eat in order for the body to obtain the glucose it needs (without the problem of blockage caused by eating fat, as described in Liver Rescue) how would that in fact work to drive the glucose/fructose from fruits into cells? Especially if there isn't any significant insulin response while grazing?

The answer to this conundrum may be statistical. Either residual (background) insulin, or the minor increase in insulin from grazing, makes only a small amount of insulin available. This insulin is equally distributed, the pancreas sends a fair share to all cells, or probably most is first grabbed by the liver itself.

Ergo, even though a cancer tumor has the ability to steal and hoard glucose from cells with all its GLUTS, without the presence of a high amount of insulin in the blood, it doesn't have its normal glucose hoarding advantage.

This means that cancer patients are really trying to avoid and control their own insulin, and in most people, that means reducing their glucose, but this may be less of a concern on a McDougal/Medical Medium no-fat grazing protocol.

And at least we know from the great Keto experiment now in progress, that despite what this high-fat diet does to our livers, it doesn't kill people right away.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:13 am

I watched the documentary film WHAT THE HEALTH on Netflix last night and learned there was a doctor in the 1940s curing diabetes with sugar, so this idea isn't original. (I am now interested in that doctor's name.)

Reading the Medical Medium books is like going back to school for a couple years of college. It is a slow process. The book provide an education, and worth the reading, but there may be a shortcut to UNDERSTANDING.

Watch WHAT THE HEALTH, because this one hour documentary film powerfully makes all the same points as Anthony's spirit, but people you share all this with won't have to read a book about talking in someone's ear.

If you don't have Netflix, it is worth the $9 to watch it online

http://www.whatthehealthfilm.com

If you have diabetes and watch this film, I magically predict a full recovery in two weeks, just like the cases shown. More benefits (in less time) if you don't avoid sugar (glucose).

--

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:04 am

Medical Medium, PTSD/stress section

Glucose is the protective biochemical critical to the brain because it places a veil of prtection over sensitive brain and neurological tissues. Medical research has not yet tapped into an understanding of just how much glucose the brain requires to function in times of stress --and just how critical it is that there's ample glucose reserved in the storage bank of the brain.

GLucose's protective veil is necessary for two reasons: First, glucose is needed to prevent brain cells, brain tissue, and neurons from becoming saturated by the acidic and corrosive nature of the adrenaline and cortisol rlease from anger....

Second, glucose is there to stop the electrical storms in the brain that arise when trauma occurs, with electrical impulses firing off at an alarming rate, ...
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by ofonorow » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:16 am

Now that I no longer have diabetes, the amount of insulin I need has been reduced. Never had episodes of hypoglycemia eating fats.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:53 am

ofonorow wrote:Now that I no longer have diabetes, the amount of insulin I need has been reduced. Never had episodes of hypoglycemia eating fats.

Sorry, with a random blood-glucose of 250 mg/dl you're still classified a clear diabetic. I'm aware this is because you had part of your pancreas removed, and are therefore no more producing adquate insulin. Diabetic nevertheless still.

Diabetes mellitus is characterized by recurrent or persistent high blood sugar, and is diagnosed by demonstrating any one of the following:[56]

Fasting plasma glucose level ≥ 7.0 mmol/l (126 mg/dl)
Plasma glucose ≥ 11.1 mmol/l (200 mg/dl) two hours after a 75 gram oral glucose load as in a glucose tolerance test (OGTT)
Symptoms of high blood sugar and casual plasma glucose ≥ 11.1 mmol/l (200 mg/dl)
Glycated hemoglobin (HbA1C) ≥ 48 mmol/mol (≥ 6.5 DCCT %).[67]

A positive result, in the absence of unequivocal high blood sugar, should be confirmed by a repeat of any of the above methods on a different day. It is preferable to measure a fasting glucose level because of the ease of measurement and the considerable time commitment of formal glucose tolerance testing, which takes two hours to complete and offers no prognostic advantage over the fasting test.[68] According to the current definition, two fasting glucose measurements above 7.0 mmol/l (126 mg/dl) is considered diagnostic for diabetes mellitus.

Per the WHO, people with fasting glucose levels from 6.1 to 6.9 mmol/l (110 to 125 mg/dl) are considered to have impaired fasting glucose.[69] people with plasma glucose at or above 7.8 mmol/l (140 mg/dl), but not over 11.1 mmol/l (200 mg/dl), two hours after a 75 gram oral glucose load are considered to have impaired glucose tolerance. Of these two prediabetic states, the latter in particular is a major risk factor for progression to full-blown diabetes mellitus, as well as cardiovascular disease.[70] The American Diabetes Association (ADA) since 2003 uses a slightly different range for impaired fasting glucose of 5.6 to 6.9 mmol/l (100 to 125 mg/dl).[71]

Glycated hemoglobin is better than fasting glucose for determining risks of cardiovascular disease and death from any cause.[72]

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:26 am

Since they have no idea what diabetes really is or what causes it, why should I care about THEIR definitions :)

And yes, I am insulin-dependent. So, if i were to take insulin with the meal, it would "look better. " Its a pain, so I take it after dinner, before bed.

Since I do not make "enough" insulin, it doesn't matter whether the "Type II" problem is completely resolved or not. By cured, I'm saying that nothing is blocking glucose from entering cells, as it was when i was eating fats.

I'm saying that I am not longer Type-II (although I never had insulin resistance)

My sugars before would go much higher and stay higher much longer.

And my diet, which now includes potatoes, pasta, bread, even my favorite candies, should be shooting my sugars through the roof. Instead, no real issues, unless I add some fat.. then I notice the sugars become less controllable.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:28 am

ofonorow wrote:I'm saying that I am not longer Type-II (although I never had insulin resistance)

As I already said elsewhere, fine if you found a diet which works with your bio-chemical individuality to improve your situation.

How high would your blood-glucose readings go on the old diet? And what have your fasting-glucose levels been?

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by johnjackson » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:29 am

ofonorow wrote:Since they have no idea what diabetes really is or what causes it, why should I care about THEIR definitions :)

And yes, I am insulin-dependent. So, if i were to take insulin with the meal, it would "look better. " Its a pain, so I take it after dinner, before bed.

Since I do not make "enough" insulin, it doesn't matter whether the "Type II" problem is completely resolved or not. By cured, I'm saying that nothing is blocking glucose from entering cells, as it was when i was eating fats.

And my diet, which now includes potatoes, pasta, bread, even my favorite candies, should be shooting my sugars through the roof. Instead, no real issues, unless I add some fat.. then I notice the sugars become less controllable.

I am so thrilled for you, Owen,
One of my COworkers is Type1 diabetic and he wears a CGM and a insulin pump
he eats a keto diet
(high in fat)
so the change you've made to your diet is that you are nearly fat free? or is there more?
thanks

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:40 am

Type I is a different animal, but you would do your co-worker a good deed to suggest they read MM, not that they would initially believe.

I am following the grazing protocol with my wife - the fruits and veges on MM's list (thus NO fat) most of the day.

We have one meal, where fat (butter, sour cream, etc) is eliminated. I have reluctantly eliminated eggs, dairy and minimized meats (now that I know the MULTIPLE reasons to avoid them, (e.g. the concentration of Japan's Fucijuima radiation that is in ALL foods, but concentrates higher up the food chain.)

I cheated - and paid, had a bag of pop corn watching a movie - put me in the hospital for a bowel obstruction. Per other post, bile also greases the GI Tract :-)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by johnjackson » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:56 am

ive tried to get him to understand that a high fat diet is shitty, he insists eating unsaturated and mono fat is "healthy"
He eats little veggie or fruit, he is 25 or so
there is a very active/funny asian woman, she constantly works,(no breaks) and eats meal of lil meat, veggie, moringa leaves(she grows herself) and fruit....she is 70 yo,,,,she recently fell from moving too fast and her MD told her to rest her knee as it has diminished ligament in her knee
she eats collage, I explained to her the basics of how Vitamin C, lysine needed to make collagen...she says she takes extra vit C..(she is from philiphines and english is 2nd language)
---I Mention her because she insists her health is because of diet and some kid is eating "a high fat diet of meat little veggie/fruit and insisting her knows more than anyone else.
--I hate going to the movies with my dad because her is T2D and eats a bag of popcorn before the previews are over.
HCAs( heterocyclic amines ) are a good reason to avoid meat, unless properly marinated
https://www.peaktestosterone.com/BeefnEggs.aspx
We’ll have to tackle each of these separately starting with the hormone allegation. Yes, hormones are implanted in commercial North American beef. (You will have to research your own country if you’re from elsewhere around the globe.) There are six approved steroids, three synthetic and three “natural”. All six are essentially testosterone or estrogen.

Sounds scary, right? Well, it would be except that the levels of hormones that make it into a serving of beef is miniscule. There is a much greater quantity of estrogen in eggs and cabbage, for example, than in beef. Furthermore, the amount of estrogen in 6 oz. of beef, 3.8 ng, is dwarfed by the total amount of estrogen the tyical male (human) will produce in a day, 100,000 ng. So the hormone argument is weak in my opinion.

However, the carcinogen argument is not so easily explained away. This argument stems from the fact that beef, when grilled at high temperatures, produces carcinogens such as heterocyclic amines (HCA’s) and benzopyrene. For example, Prevention magazine (3/06, p. 67) reported that one study showed that those who ate the most HCA’s and benzopyrene had a 2.4 times increase in their level of pancreatic cancer risk. Other studies have also shown red meat and/or HCA’s strongly associated with increased prostate cancer.

lpa

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by ofonorow » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:00 am

Again, your ignorance abounds until you read. NO MORE COMMENTS until you start reading and finish at least the first book please, otherwise this is gibberish.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by pamojja » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 am

ofonorow wrote:Now that I no longer have diabetes, the amount of insulin I need has been reduced. Never had episodes of hypoglycemia eating fats.

Why Do Doctors Insist on High Blood Sugars?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5eAXz9SAtw

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#15  Post by ofonorow » Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:26 am

Great question, and by "insist" do you mean, that they try to lower blood sugars in diabetics?

I don't think anyone thinks elevated blood sugar is good for the human body.

It isn't sugar that is causing the problem, elevated blood levels are a symptom that the "problem" exists. The problem is that the "prime" nutrient glucose, after oxygen, cannot make it into our cells, thus depriving cells not only of energy, a "cooling system", but also of nutrients that can only enter cells attached to glucose.

Thomas Smith's theory, based on hidden human science that he uncovered, (healingmatters.com) is that it was unnatural "trans fats" that gummed up the GLUT (insulin) receptors, leading to Type II. His therapy, from all reports from people we have referred to his web site, works to lower blood sugars from the 400 mg/dl to normal. He recommends first eliminating ALL fat, and then introducing only good Omega/3s. His theory is that ordinary cell membrane repair processes, replacing good fats with trans fats in the cell membranes, causes the problem, so depending on how many cells are damaged, it can take some time for the body to repair cell membranes with good fats. But blood sugars always come back to normal.

The genius in the medical medium approach is that the "fruits and vegetables" based diet eliminates trans fats. So Smith's idea is covered, but MM places more of the blame on ordinary, perhaps unemulsified fats in the blood (from a lack of bile). Again, without my continuous glucose meter, and knowing my overnight readings, I wouldn't have much of a clue that my cells are getting all the glucose they need.

I recently contacted Dr. Bernstein (or tried to, no response from his partner "Steve") and I would love to discuss this issue with him, having read his books. (I had previously contacted him regarding his recommendations that diabetics avoid vitamin C. His reasoning, vitamin C can affect the glucose meter readings. I had noticed that the only conditions he wasn't able to benefit with his programs were CVD. His patients were still suffering heart disease.)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

Return to “Medical Medium Inspired Orthopathy (Orthomolecular Naturopathy)”