Now that I know what to Eat, where do I find it?

The discussion of advanced medical knowledge now channeled through the Medical Medium Anthony William. This knowledge amounts to perfect Naturopathy. Knowing what causes chronic and other disease, the followers of Linus Pauling extend Naturopathy with human-based nutritional science Pauling called orthomolecular (right molecules) in therapeutic amounts.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Now that I know what to Eat, where do I find it?

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:49 am

I now know thanks to Anthony's source, that my body craves glucose, especially the liver and the brain, and the strain on the liver increases with a fat intake in excess of 10% .

From this I know to look for foods with the least fats, and if a food has High Fructose Corn Syrup, avoid it like poison. We have been adding organic peanut butter to the celery sticks, making it more of a snack, however, looking a Skippy's Natural - it has twice the fat as carbs. Is there some kind of low/no-fat substitute that we can put on our celery to make it taste better?

I was in the whole foods-like Grocery store and there was Motts Applesauce, and the leading ingredient was "High Fructose Corn Syrup," yet right next to was Mott's Unsweetened Applesauce. This was an easy choice, but there are many others to make and I'm hoping Anthony's converts will share their brand advice.

I happen to love eating bread, and I now know not to butter it. Good bread by itself is fine, but I learned from the first ultra-low-fat diet guru, Nathan Pritikin, that you can sprinkle a little garlic salt or powder on the bread, or toast, and it tastes just like it was buttered.

So from memory, Anthony also says to avoid gluten. Are their good-tasting breads without gluten? And without poisonous additives? This mind wants to know.

Ditto Gatorade. Seems like a good idea to have a good tasting drink with the electrolytes (since we learn sodium and potassium are the prime reason to eat vegetables in the grazing protocol.) So I chose Gatorade ZERO to minimize the risk of High Fructose Corn Syrup, but what I really want is a similar drink - sweetened with glucose.

Which leads to refined versus unrefined. We know that highly refined table salt, while providing sodium, is not the best way to get sodium. Much better is an unrefined "Salt Complex" as is found in Celtic Sea Salt - which David Brownstein writes in his book SALT contains more than 80 trace minerals.

Refined verus Unrefined Glucose

Since glucose is the prime nutrient, and the major part of its function is to "drive other nutrients" with it into cells (We know via insulin, although this level of detail isn't mentioned.) Okay, one reason fruits are said to be excellent is because of the nutrients that are combined with natural glucose and fructose. That leads to the idea that a Glucose complex would be better than straight glucose, say in a sugar packet. Or, maybe it is as simple as taking their supplements and nutrients with glucose. (Vitamin C can enter cells, or at least DHA.. but more on that in other posts.)

Leading to Glucose tablets. As a diabetic, I purchased Walgreen's glucose tablets, in case I accidentally gave myself too much insulin. THEY ARE DELICIOUS.. I've been using them now regularly as a source of glucose.

But I decided to look at the label, UGH... At least these Walgreen's glucose tablets contain ascorbic acid...

The prime directive is to value and protect the health of the liver.

Eat clean foods, without toxins that otherwise "tire" or stress the liver. So if anyone knows of better, cleaner glucose tablets, without any additives that would stress the liver, please post!

Finally every time I check out of the grocery now, all the celery makes the clerk think of lentil soup... She assumes I am making soup or stew with the celery - I would if I could figure out a way to make it without fat :-)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Now that I know what to Eat, where do I find it?

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:06 pm

Turns out there is an entire book devoted to this subject, LIFE CHANGING FOODS, which is also remarkable.

I am looking at the label from an ordinary orange Gatorade. The only problem I really see is the food coloring.

The sweetener is dextrose (D-glocuse). Not bad. Last week I was afraid of the sugar :-)

Water
Sugar
Dextrose
Citric acid
Salt
Sodium citrate
Monopotassium phosphate
Gum arabic
Natural flavor
Sucrose acetate isobutyrate
Glycerol
Ester of rosin
Yellow 6
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Lunes Payling
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by Lunes Payling » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:03 pm

With strict MM instructions not to eat eggs, and all that complete set of nutrients that means losing, I started looking at complete nutrition products such as Ensure, to maybe include with the main meal. I just and happened to notice Lenny and Larry's COMPLETE cookie.. Baked. The list of "NO" includes NO EGG, NO SOY, NO DAIRY, NO HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, NO GMO, VEGAN, KOSHER, 16 PROTEIN, 10G FIBER... These could be my dinner tonite :-)

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by pamojja » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:49 am

Lunes Payling wrote:I just and happened to notice Lenny and Larry's COMPLETE cookie.. Baked. These could be my dinner tonite :-)

INGREDIENTS: Enriched Wheat Flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Protein Blend (vital wheat gluten, pea protein, rice protein), Chicory Root Fiber, Invert Syrup, Salted Caramel Flavored Drops (sugar, palm kernel and palm oil, anhydrous dextrose, salt, cocoa powder, sunflower lecithin [emulsifier], natural flavor, paprika extract [color]), Cane Sugar, Palm Fruit Oil, Vegetable Glycerine, Cocoa processed with alkali, Sunflower Lecithin, Molasses, Natural Flavors, Baking Soda, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum.
ALLERGENS: Contains Wheat.

So basically back to an industrially processed foods diet? Contaminated with pesticides (glyphosate), herbicides, GMO, fungicides and other chemical solvents. :(

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by popnowlin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:47 am

Unless you want to bake/cook everything you eat you're going to have a hard time finding foods that don't have some kind of chemicals in them. And if you go 100% organic you'll pay over twice as much for the same fruits and vegetables. I got celery at Walmart on Thursday and they didn't have anything but organic. I had no choice.

I grew up in the country and everybody had big gardens. We canned and froze enough homegrown veggies to last the winter. And we all sprayed and dusted our gardens and fruit trees to keep out the bugs and the weeds. This was back in the 50s when things were supposed to be healthier and safer. My motto and that of most farmers is "Better farming through chemistry." I reject completely the BS organic movement. It's almost all marketing hype so "organic" farmers can charge you more for their produce, and pay less to grow it without the expensive chemicals.
Popnowlin
Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr. Seuss

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by popnowlin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:49 am

This is a simple question. Throughout the book wild blueberries are listed as healthy. What's the difference between wild blueberries and the ones I can buy at Walmart or Krogers? I eat blueberries every day, but they are not labeled as wild. Why are "wild" ones better. They are certainly going to be more expensive.
Popnowlin

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#7  Post by pamojja » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:06 am

I only know when I rarely do find wild blueberries mostly in the mountains, they not only have dark colored skin, but also that color of its flesh thoughout. And coloring the whole mouth with eating too.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by pamojja » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:12 am

popnowlin wrote:Unless you want to bake/cook everything you eat you're going to have a hard time finding foods that don't have some kind of chemicals in them. And if you go 100% organic you'll pay over twice as much for the same fruits and vegetables.

That's what I do: real food, mostly plants, not too much. I limit organic to the dirty dozen and any animal foods (where I also take care the animals didn't spend their whole life indoors). Spend only about 200-300,- a month on foods living alone.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#9  Post by pamojja » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:17 am

popnowlin wrote:I reject completely the BS organic movement.

Having had some years experience only with organic gardening, I disagree. It just tastes so much better.

sjmusic2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by sjmusic2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:00 am

popnowlin wrote:I grew up in the country and everybody had big gardens. We canned and froze enough homegrown veggies to last the winter. And we all sprayed and dusted our gardens and fruit trees to keep out the bugs and the weeds. This was back in the 50s when things were supposed to be healthier and safer. My motto and that of most farmers is "Better farming through chemistry." I reject completely the BS organic movement. It's almost all marketing hype so "organic" farmers can charge you more for their produce, and pay less to grow it without the expensive chemicals.

Then why did the WHO state in 2015 that glyphosate was a probable carcinogen and why are US courts ruling that it contributes to terminal cancer and ordering millions in compensation ?

I grow fruit and veg in my garden without any chemicals and get fresh eggs daily from my chickens. Everything tastes wonderfully fresh compared to equivalents bought from the grocery store.

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by popnowlin » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:53 pm

To those who seem to think I want to argue about organic vegetables take note. I'm not interested in arguing. I stated my experienced and educated opinion on organics. I graduated from Purdue University School of Agriculture in 1977 so this isn't just some hick from the sticks pontificating. Although I am basically a hick from the sticks. I don't expect agreement from everyone, maybe not anyone, but I'm definitely not interested in arguing.
Popnowlin

johnjackson
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#12  Post by johnjackson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:30 pm

my sister works for USDA and actually goes out and looks at farms
being labeled "organic" is easy and laughable, she claims
/www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/12154.php

medcraveonline.com/JCCR/JCCR-09-00341.php

//riordanclinic.org/2014/02/high-dose-intravenous-vitamin-c-as-a-successful-treatment-of-viral-infections/

lpa
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/lipoprotein_a.html

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by pamojja » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:56 am

popnowlin wrote:I reject completely the BS organic movement. It's almost all marketing hype so "organic" farmers can charge you more for their produce, and pay less to grow it without the expensive chemicals.

If you ever grew a organic garden you would know at the beginning it is very work-intense to keep all the pests away. With time and leaning it does indeed become easier, and many pests can easily prevented, for example by mixing plants. For example with some tobacco plants any snail leave any salats alone. And tobacco is such a robust plant, it easily handles any snail onslought.

popnowlin wrote:To those who seem to think I want to argue about organic vegetables take note. I'm not interested in arguing. I stated my experienced and educated opinion on organics. I graduated from Purdue University School of Agriculture in 1977 so this isn't just some hick from the sticks pontificating. Although I am basically a hick from the sticks. I don't expect agreement from everyone, maybe not anyone, but I'm definitely not interested in arguing.

By your appeal to authority you actually only make the fallacy in arguments of 'appeal to authority.' And it is totally understandable you're not interested in arguing on such shaky grounds. But you still do with this fallacy in arguments. Showing the real interest to promote your point of argument, even without any reason. johnjackson's following argument is in the same vain of a completely redicoulous appeal to authority fallacy.

While sjmusic2 also might appear as appeal to authority, it is not in that the WHO documents any of it's decisions backed up with loads of scientific studies. And are rather too conservative in their approach classifying anything a 'possible' carcinogen, due to it's high running costs, and not wanting do object too powerfull donor industries.

Anyone can do an internet-search for research studys testing pesticides residues of those on organic compared to conventional diets. The most striking study is one scandinavian family on a conventional diet changing only for 2 weeks to an organic diet, and their urinary pesticides levels changing profoundly. Convincing at least its mother to condinue this way.

popnowlin, do as you like. And condinue to let everyone make their mind up responisvely themself.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#14  Post by ofonorow » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:41 pm

sjmusic2 wrote:and get fresh eggs daily from my chickens

And this was the hardest thing to hear. I love eggs, but now I think I know.

Got a little off topic, as there are degrees of goodness. My point was help with what we normally find in grocery stores, what to choose, since two products next to each other could be vastly different. e.g. Coke with High Fructose Corn Syrup and Coke Zero with Aspartame. There is a lessor of two evils if you happen to like Coke.
(Added.. What we really need is Coke Real - with real sugar, or better, D-glucose)

Those cookies are far from perfect, but if you like to eat cookies, they seem better than most.

The knowledge that unadulterated raw honey passes through the blood-brain barrier and feeds glucose to the brain created the idea to put this honey on delicious bread. Honey instead of butter. Delicious. Or toast the bread, and add Garlic salt or powder.

I love bread, so it is a lot of fun eating again. I loved eggs too.. heavy sigh.. But I have already lost the taste for fatty foods

The Golden Rule - Limit FAT to 10% of calories
The Silver Rule - Limit FAT to 15% of calories
The Bronse rule - Limit FAT to 30% of calories

We can now eat potato - without sour cream, butter or bacon bits. However, the LIFE-HEALING FOODS book contains a delicious sounding recipe for CHILI-LOADED BAKED POTATOES WITH CASHEW "SOUR CREAM". Looks delicious. ummm

So popnowlin, if and when you read FOODS - it is full of recipes. Also, I have the old Pritikin Promise books with excellent very low fat recipes.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

popnowlin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by popnowlin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:26 am

I tried my air fryer for the first time last night. I cut up a sweet potato into large strips like steak fries and cooked it with just a little sprinkle of oil. They came out delicious. I still can't envision eating no cheese.
Popnowlin

Return to “Medical Medium Inspired Orthopathy (Orthomolecular Naturopathy)”