Was John Ely Wrong about Glucose-Ascorbate Antagonism (GAA)? Yes and no.

The discussion of advanced medical knowledge now channeled through the Medical Medium Anthony William. This knowledge amounts to perfect Naturopathy. Knowing what causes chronic and other disease, the followers of Linus Pauling extend Naturopathy with human-based nutritional science Pauling called orthomolecular (right molecules) in therapeutic amounts.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Was John Ely Wrong about Glucose-Ascorbate Antagonism (GAA)? Yes and no.

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:58 am

Ralph D'Man asked when heard about my new found friendship with Root Beer Floats (eating is fun these days :D )

So, Is Ely wrong about GAA?

My understanding of Dr. Ely's Glucose-ascorbate Antagonism theory is that he believed that elevated blood sugar levels interfered with the cellular absorption of ascorbate, since they both enter cells through the same path, the Glucose-Insulin (GLUT) receptor. He told me that he had advised Pauling, that if studies of the common cold were down on "low carb" diets, that vitamin C would be shown to be much more effective against the common cold. He told me that he had just completed a study that showed just that. (I haven't seen it published.)

I think what he observed is correct, that when your sugar becomes elevated, as in Diabetes (TYPE II), and possibly if you have some lack of insulin production and are eating lots of sugars, that ascorbate is blocked.

However, IMO, the new knowledge, that "will never be overturned " (he he he) tells us that it is the FAT on and clogging these receptors which leads to the elevated blood sugar. And the fat blocks both glucose and ascorbate from entering cells, so it is the FAT that needs to be eliminated, to lower blood sugar levels, and allow both Vitamin C and GLucose to nurse and fuel our cells. QED

This hypothesis could be testing using the very same experiment John Ely, PhD told me he had run on the common cold, but instead of restricting sugar, restricting fat in the diet to 10%.

I predict that the Vitamin C Foundation in the not too distant future will be running many new studies, this being on of them.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Medical Medium Inspired Orthopathy (Orthomolecular Naturopathy)”