Can You Use Both Retinol and Vitamin C in Your Skin-Care Routine? The Experts Explain

Forum devoted to the topical use of Vitamin C for the improvement of the skin, production of collagen, and general antiaging.

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

mstill

Can You Use Both Retinol and Vitamin C in Your Skin-Care Routine? The Experts Explain

Post Number:#1  Post by mstill » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:16 am

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/can-you ... c-47397100

When it comes to active ingredients that really improve your skin, there are few more effective than retinol and vitamin C. Unfortunately, these power players don't tend to play that nicely together.

Retinol, a vitamin A derivative, turbo charges skin-cell turnover to minimize the appearance of fine lines, pores, pigmentation, and more. It works hard and fast to reduce breakouts and knock years off your complexion. Vitamin C, on the other hand, is a potent antioxidant that protects and repairs skin cells whilst simultaneously tackling fine lines, brightening dark spots, and leaving skin glowing.

Both sound good, right? Trouble is you that you can, in fact, have too much of a good thing, as overdoing it on retinol and vitamin C can lead to redness and sensitivity.

Lukily, you don't have to choose one over the other. You do, however, need to be strategic with your application. We called on skin-care experts to reveal exactly what each ingredient does, and how to incorporate both vitamin C and retinol into your routine for the best skin-smoothing, clearing, and brightening results without irritation.
The Accountant

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Vitamin C Foundation or its members. If you are ill, please seek medical attention.

Aliner

Re: Can You Use Both Retinol and Vitamin C in Your Skin-Care Routine? The Experts Explain

Post Number:#2  Post by Aliner » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:04 am

Once I had I had an overdose of vitamin while I tried to make my skin better. But it turned out the condition of my skin became terrible next day after I got lots of vitamin C. I had redness and a bit edema.

Return to “Topical Vitamin C”