Negative Vitamin article

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

BimLanders

Negative Vitamin article

Post Number:#1  Post by BimLanders » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:51 pm

I don't have time at the moment to read through this whole thing, as personal obligations abound. But I figured I'd post the link to the forum which had posted it.

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthrea ... t+vitamins

I began reading it, and it seemed like BS. 'Vitamin E increases heart attack risk?' I'll be sure to read through the whole thing later. I figured that it may be useful to post this link to another forum with different opinions as to present a cross-reference of ideas, opinions, and presentations of facts.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Thought Provoking

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:54 pm

Re: Health Journal: The case against vitamins

This is difficult to read because I am aware that every sentence, for least the first twenty, contains an error. Which begs the question, who is Tara Parker-Pope, and why is she lying? Does she really work for the Wall Street Journal, and if so, what has happened to their "fact checkers?" (A cursory search would have found the initial false new reports regarding these studies, e.g. beta carotene and lung cancer, but not the later FACT that the news reports were found to be invalid.)

So again, we see the Big Lie in action - to the detriment of the public health, but coincidentally, to the economic benefit of those that profit from ill health. Now, who could that be?

Here is an assignment for our clever forum members. See if someone can find a single sentence that is either not a lie or completely factual!
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Pope is full of poop

Post Number:#3  Post by Ralph Lotz » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:13 pm

This is nothing but bunk!
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

BimLanders

Post Number:#4  Post by BimLanders » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:58 pm

I note that one paragraph warns that too many vitamins may destroy free radicals, which "may" be necessary to trigger an immune system response to fight off an infection. Then the following paragraph warns that too many vitamins may oxidize and thus CAUSE free radicals! Just to humor the writer: wouldn't these two factors sort of balance eachother out? :roll: I mean, vitamins both cause and destroy free radicals? Which is it?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

A possible winner

Post Number:#5  Post by ofonorow » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:16 am

So you are saying that you may have found a "true" statement? Either one or the other is probably correct? (I think they are both wrong, by the way..)
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bobber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sardi Analyzed it already

Post Number:#6  Post by Bobber » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:36 pm

This article by Tara Parker-Pope was analyzed by Bill Sardi back when it came out.
KOH analysis link...
Bobber

BimLanders

Re: A possible winner

Post Number:#7  Post by BimLanders » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:22 am

ofonorow wrote:So you are saying that you may have found a "true" statement? Either one or the other is probably correct? (I think they are both wrong, by the way..)

Well, since evidence is not provided for either statement, I would tend to not agree about either statement being "true." I just found the obvious incompatibility of the two statements to be amusing. ;)

dutchboy

Re: Negative Vitamin article

Post Number:#8  Post by dutchboy » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 am

If you want assurance, read Hickey and Roberts. Biochemical explanations will tell you more than observational studies.

godsilove

Re: Negative Vitamin article

Post Number:#9  Post by godsilove » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:37 am

dutchboy wrote:If you want assurance, read Hickey and Roberts. Biochemical explanations will tell you more than observational studies.

They do? So should the FDA approve new treatments based solely on pre-clinical studies? :?:

Return to “Clinical Studies”