Large study finds vitamin C protective of stomach cancer...

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#1  Post by ofonorow » Sat Dec 16, 2006 12:58 pm

http://www.freshplaza.com/2006/29nov/2_us_vitaminc.htm

But when the researchers examined the blood levels of vitamin C they found a strong protective effect. That is: they found that those subjects with the highest level of vitamin C in their blood had a 60 percent lower risk of stomach cancer than those subjects with the lowest levels.

Question, given these results, what argument could medicine possibly have for them NOT immediately recommending that everyone immediately begin taking vitamin C until there blood levels are maximized?

(However, if there is a conspiracy, I would expect another study to make the press in the very near future with contrary findings
:cry: )
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Bobber
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ignore it

Post Number:#2  Post by Bobber » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:24 pm

Or this study will simply be ignored until it reaches a point of wide distribution. Of course this could only happen if mainstream media actually distributed it!

But notice that this study says nothing about supplements. It seems to suggest you can get plenty of vitamin C from a diet high in fruits and veggies.
Bobber

blueskymyne

Re: Large study finds vitamin C protective of stomach cancer

Post Number:#3  Post by blueskymyne » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:39 pm

ofonorow wrote:Large study finds vitamin C protective of stomach cancer...

But when the researchers examined the blood levels of vitamin C they found a strong protective effect. That is: they found that those subjects with the highest level of vitamin C in their blood had a 60 percent lower risk of stomach cancer than those subjects with the lowest levels.

Question, given these results, what argument could medicine possibly have for them NOT immediately recommending that everyone immediately begin taking vitamin C until there blood levels are maximized?

(However, if there is a conspiracy, I would expect another study to make the press in the very near future with contrary findings
:cry: )

This cancer like most cancers is avoidable through choices. Its better to avoid the toxins that cause it in the first place.

1. Avoid the chemical in processed meats, (bacon, packaged lunch meat, beef jerky etc). called sodium nitrite. It forms nitrosamine in the stomach, a carcinogen.

2. Preparing meat properly to avoid HCAs, heterocyclic amines. A carcinogen formed on flesh meat when broiling, barbacueing or deep frying.

3. Avoid microwaving meat to form the carcinogen d-nitrodiethanolamine.

4. Aviod iron fortified food products, fortified with iron particles that oxidize in the stomach.

5. Avoid deep fried starch products, french fries etc. to form the carcinogen acrylomides.

6. Avoid white bread and white processed flour products as it contains benzoyl peroxide, aloxan, clorine, nitrosyl.

7. Avoid flouridated, clorinated, cloramine water.

8. Avoid the beverage perseravative combination of sodium benzoate, potassium benzoate and ascorbic acid.

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

We respect your opinion

Post Number:#4  Post by ofonorow » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:27 pm

This is your opinion. But the question is, given these particular SCIENTIFIC results, why not simply recommend vitamin C supplementation, and cut the rate of stomach cancer in half?
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Vitamin C Supplements Not Mentioned

Post Number:#5  Post by Ralph Lotz » Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:42 pm

This study does not prove that vitamin C supplements reduce stomach cancer.
It proves that people who consume more fruits and vegetables have higher blood levels of vitamin C and less cancer.
Fruits and vegetables are full of numerous biologically active components in addition to ascorbic acid that are also a part of the picture.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

blueskymyne

Re: We respect your opinion

Post Number:#6  Post by blueskymyne » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:47 pm

ofonorow wrote:This is your opinion. But the question is, given these particular SCIENTIFIC results, why not simply recommend vitamin C supplementation, and cut the rate of stomach cancer in half?

The things listed are not my opinion but scientific fact of what causes cancer of the colon and stomach.

Sure vitamin c offers protection in the form of vitamin c as it occurs in its full molecular structure in fruits and vegetables complete with bioflavinoids, cofactors and coenzymes, which is what was studied in the link.

The tests were about fruit and food source vitamin c, not supplementation of extract molecule ascorbic acid.

Why not simply recommend vitamin c supplementation?

Because taking ascorbic acid supplements and continueing to make one's body a toxic dump is pointless. My bottom line is it is more important to REMOVE THE SOURCE OF TOXINS, increase fruits and vegetable source vitamin c and THEN supplement with additional vitamin c.

But thinking you can supplement with ascorbic acid extract and eat anything you want is simply not a plan for health.

"Let food be your medicine" - Linus Pauling

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Good answer

Post Number:#7  Post by ofonorow » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:55 am

Good answer, but as a matter of practicality, people are not going to change their habits. So again, I say, why not recommend a single pill that can cut the risk for cancer in half?

Also, this test measured blood serum levels of ascorbate. It doesn't really matter how they ate the vitamin when you test this way. It is unknown what else they measured, but all the other complications that you mention may, or may not have any effect on the serum vitamin C levels. (I could accept the idea that taking vitamin C with certain flavonoids increases ascorbates bioavailability, but to my knowledge, only Aloe has this property.)

Finally, the idea that there are "scientific facts" drives me nuts. We say the Atomic THEORY, not the Atomic FACT.
Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info

trillian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by trillian » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:16 pm

blueskymyne wrote:
5. Avoid deep fried starch products, french fries etc. to form the carcinogen acrylomides.

That acrylamide scare of a few years ago has since been debunked by subsequent studies.

blueskymyne

Post Number:#9  Post by blueskymyne » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:53 pm

trillian wrote:
blueskymyne wrote:

That acrylamide scare of a few years ago has since been debunked by subsequent studies.

LOL. NO IT HASN'T!

I supposed if a study was done and they told you it is safe to have plutomium in the water you would drink the water too. lol.

Its caused by starches deep fried in partially and fully hydrogenated as well as non hydrogenated vegetable oils which are similiar in structure to liquid plastic. Both the acylamides and the hydrogenated oils cause cancer and these oils are fully oxidized.

Just like German Physicist, Johanna Budwig discovered in the early 60s soon after the advent of hydrogenation. She discovered these synthentic oils create a yellow/green tint in the blood and block oxygen respiration to cells and change the bioelectrical structure of of cell membranes.

This phenomenon was discovered in over a thousand cancer patients she studied. Not seen in the other people she studied who did not consume these oils/products but instead consumed omega 3 from fish source or flax.

In other words these oils are DEAD in electron structure, foriegn to your body and not life sustaining because they dont have the correct electron structure as omega 3. Thats why they are called essential because you develope disease when you give cells no choice but to uptake artificial plastic and choke oxygen to cells.

Physicist Otto Warburg told the world what causes cancer a long time ago and its right in line with what Johanna Budwig found.

Oxygen interruption.

Lower the oxygen and cancer thrives as it changes from cellular respirator of oxygen/ATP to fermenter of sugar. It all starts at the level of the mitochondria despite the numerous secondary causes.

I know how the "study" groups work. Some POTATO CHIP COMPANY throws a few thousand bucks to some college kids to report the findings are non-negative. If the study says what the manufacturers like, they get the research money, if they dont they get no grants.
Then its posted on the web intentionally so people like yourself think potato chips and french fries are safe to eat.

Let me explain something to you.

French fries and potato chips are ENZYME-LESS DEAD FOOD. You will use up valuble pancreatic enzymes trying to digest it. You need your reserve of pancreatic enzymes to disolve protien coats of cancer cells. You have so many enzymes given to you. Dont waste them on DEAD FOOD. Raw vegetables and fruits have enzymes built in provided you dont destroy them in the microwave or cook them over 100 degrees. This type of eating spares your pancreatic enzymes.

Eating this stuff will also throw off omega 6/3 ratios and cause body-wide inflammation as it effects prostaglandins.

Hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated and vegetable oils make up 70 percent of arterial clogging. (Lancet Journal)

Why don you explain to me why cancer is at epidemic rates now. Where as in 1900 the chance of getting any form of cancer was 1 in 50 and now is 1 in 2 soon to surpass heart disease as the number one killer in the next 10 years?

Most of it is caused by PROCESSED FOOD CHEMICALS more than 4000 to give you an idea and the body doesnt recognize any of it.

25 classes of Pharmacuetical drugs block folate alone. Cells cannot maintain correct duplication without folate. Same with statin heart drugs that block CoQ10 of the mitochondria and set the cancer process in motion.

I supposed you can eat whatever you want then slug down massive doses of ascorbic acid and think this will make it all go away or go see the doctor to throw more toxic chemicals in your body like chemo or radiation to make it all go away.
lol.

Cancer is non existant in isolated cultures free of processed food and treated water, it is largely a man made disease.

Ralph Lotz
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Hydrogenation of Vegetable Oils

Post Number:#10  Post by Ralph Lotz » Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:28 am

The first patent for the hydrogenation process was in 1903 by William Norman.
Budwig, a physicist, called attention to the dangers from the 1940's until her death.
The person most responsible for the final dethroning of transfats is Mary Enig. Her efforts began in the 1960's. It only took 40+ years to overcome the gunk food giants.

Trans fats and high fructose corn syrup are two major killers lurking in the processed crap most people eat.
"Unless we put medical freedom into the constitution...medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship..force people who wish doctors and treatment of their own choice to submit to only what..dictating outfit offers." Dr. Benjamin Rush

trillian
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by trillian » Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:52 am

blueskymyne wrote:

LOL. NO IT HASN'T!

I supposed if a study was done and they told you it is safe to have plutomium in the water you would drink the water too. lol.

Dude, seriously, don't take that condescending tone with me. First of all I don't eat any of that junk food but I don't speak about things based only on whether I eat them or not, nor do I pontificate and make assumptions about what others eat.

The thing about risks is that they need to be conveyed accurately and put in perspective. The media loves a scare story.

It sounds to me like perhaps you have spent too much time on Dr Mercola's website where pretty much everything will kill you one week and then everything else the next.

I suppose you also beleive you might be blown up by terrorists any day as well ?

Listen, we are really on the same side here but it is useful to take a balanced approach to
scare stories because there are far too many of them around these days and the consequence
is that real dangers become lost in the noise (as perceived by the public).

Return to “Clinical Studies”