Vitamin c and exercise

This forum will focus on analyzing recent clinical studies of vitamin C.

Moderator: ofonorow

dutchboy

Vitamin c and exercise

Post Number:#1  Post by dutchboy » Tue May 19, 2009 5:39 am

"Antioxidants prevent health-promoting effects of physical exercise in humans"

This article (from may 2009) suggests that antioxidants inhibit the release of interleucin-6 and thus impairs the health effects of exercising.

Given the fact that most mamals create ascorbate in their bodies, I find the article very hard to believe. Anybody any thoughts?

ofonorow
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Vitamin c and exercise

Post Number:#2  Post by ofonorow » Wed May 20, 2009 5:16 am

I agree with you. Assuming the finding is accurate, that "antioxidants inhibit the release of interleucin-6", how do we know this inhibition has any health benefits?

Why not run experiments? A study should pit groups, side by side, with one group taking antioxidants and the other not. I have little doubt which group would perform better.

Here is an article about these findings, http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Heal ... 513328.cms

and note the comment near the top which gives us a clue to the motivation behind these reports:
Previous studies have also revealed that taking antioxidants may hasten death through an unknown mechanism.

And this part of the report approaches the status of the BIG LIE, e.g. that Free Radical Damage is required for health??

..there are hints that free radicals might be used by the body to prevent cellular damage after exercise.

Owen R. Fonorow
HeartCURE.Info
American Scientist's Invention Could Prevent 350,000 Heart Bypass Operations a year

Return to “Clinical Studies”