Injection of 1g of vitamin C

Physician Reference and discussion of the methods, protocols and effects of intravenous vitamin C (versus oral or liposomal).

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Injection of 1g of vitamin C

Post Number:#1  Post by perico » Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi,

I'm new on this and I want to try vitamin C inyections. I have Ascorbic Acid Bayer ampoules of 1g/5ml. In the prospect of the ampoules they don't tell how you have to dilute the ampoule content before making the drip. They recomend 1-2g injection during 2 days and afterwards a week at 500mg per day.

I know that I have to use saline solution for the dilution, but i don't know the proportion. I want to start small before going into the megadose.

Could you help me?

Regards.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Re: Injection of 1g of vitamin C

Post Number:#2  Post by davids1 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:00 pm

Hi Perico,

Do NOT inject unbuffered ascorbic acid directly into your bloodstream [or muscles]! It is much too acidic. The solution to be injected should have a pH of very near to 7.4.

I applaud your courage in wanting to do this for yourself, but please be very careful! I must ask: Why are you planning on injecting ascorbate, rather than ingesting it orally?

If you are determined to forge ahead on your own, here are a doctor's instructions for the preparation of IVC:

"FOR M.D.'s ONLY
Preparation of Sodium Ascorbate
for IV and IM Use

The Stock Bottle of Sodium Ascorbate
Sterilize a 500 cc IV bottle along with a funnel, the rubber stopper, and a spoon. Then fill the bottle to the 300 cc line with sodium ascorbate fine crystals. (I weighed the sodium ascorbate out one time and 250 gm came up to the 300 cc line.) Then add 1/3 of the 20 ml bottle (6.6 cc) of edetate disodium injection, USP 150 mg/ml. Then add water for injection q.s. 500 cc. Shake up the bottle and if there is 1 mm of crystals left on the bottom, add 1 mm of water to the top. It turns out that sodium ascorbate is soluble to almost exactly a 50% concentration at room temperature. I do not worry about the sterility of this because this is very bacteriocidal. Perhaps it should be filtered to get out particulate matter but I have never seen this to be a problem. The pH of this has always turned out to be 7.4. My nurse discovered recently that if you do not shake the mixture to make it go into solution until after you refrigerate it and are ready to use it that the solution is less yellow. I presume that this is good because sodium ascorbate is clear and dehydroascorbate is yellow. The made up solutions are always a little yellow but refrigeration before mixing results in a far less yellow mixture.

Preparation of the IV Bottle
I recommend that the above stock bottle solution be added to sterile water for injection such that 30 Gms (60 cc) to 60 Gms (120 cc) is added to a quantity of sterile water sufficient to make 500 cc of the final solution to be injected IV. For patients with chemical or other sensitivity reactions, it is best that the sterile water be obtained in glass IV bottles rather than the plastic IV bottles.

IM Injections
IM injection material for infants is made from the stock solution diluted 50% in water giving a 25% solution. Generally, the size of the injection can be 2 cc in each buttocks. Ice may be applied if it hurts to much. This may be given every hour or so, frequently enough to bring the fever or other symptoms of excessive free radicals down rapidly.

General Comments
I have not had any trouble with these solutions. I hear all sorts of weird stories from patients who have gotten ascorbate elsewhere. I do not know if it is an acid problem (because ascorbic acid was used rather than sodium ascorbate) or whether some colleges get carried away with what other things they add to the intravenous solutions.

I think that there may be, at times, minor troubles with commercially prepared solutions because of the following: I understand that the U. S. Pharmacopeia specifies that the solutions be made from ascorbic acid and then buffered with sodium hydroxide or sodium bicarbonate to a pH between 3.5 and 7.0. I worry that 60 grams of ascorbate at a pH of 3.5 is too acid. I know that Klenner (the first physician who used high dose intravenous ascorbate by vein) also made his solutions from sodium ascorbate powder, despite the fact that he referred to the solutions in his papers as ascorbic acid. (This fact comes from discussions with Annie Klenner, Fred Klenner's wife and nurse).

I watch patients for hypocalcemia (although I have not seen it), hypoglycemia (I encourage patients to eat while taking the IV), and dehydration (I encourage water and slow the IV down). I also see headaches afterward but not so much since I have been emphasizing the continuing high doses of oral ascorbic acid as soon as the IV is over. Actually, I give oral ascorbic acid while the IV is going, to get a double effect. Bowel tolerance goes up while the IV is running but one has to be careful to stop giving oral C about an hour before the IV stops or else you may get diarrhea as soon as the IV stops. The oral ascorbic acid is then started again 1/2 to 1 hour after the IVC stops."

I hope this helps, Perico, and I wish you the best of success,

David
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#3  Post by perico » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:37 am

Hi

Thank you davids for your response.

I'm aware of dr. Cathcart method to do IV injections of sodium ascorbate. But before starting with that stuff I want to try little shots of commercial preparation to see the difference of abortion with the oral, not lipo, vitC.

The ampoules that I have are not, in principle, pure ascorbic acid because Bayer uses the ascorbic acid name as a commercial name. I know that ascorbic acid injected directly into your bloodstream is dangerous to your veins. In the composition of the ampuoles they say that vitamin C is the active component, so they are ambiguous, but as the product is for injection let be confidant this time and think that this solution is a buffered one.

davids, do you know how to dilute these ampoules, or in what quantity of saline solution do I have to dilute 1g of vitamin C? even in the case of Carthcart method, what I have to do if I want only a 1g injection?

Do you have a good response with oral vitamin C, no lipo?

Regards

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:14 am

Is this product from Bayer Laroscorbine??
If it is STOP!!!
This is a skin Whiteing Product used for age spots and dark skin patches.
It contains collagen and ascorbic if shot IM it would leave a white lump on the skin the lump would go away but would leave a white patch at the injection site.

Just a word of warning, know what your using!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#5  Post by perico » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:47 am

Hi Johnwen

No, these are ampoules of Bayer too but only with ascorbic acid. These product is manufactured only in Spain and France. I bought them in a pharmacy.

http://magic-potions.com/store/category ... -Bayer.php

In this link you can see it's presentation. That web is for women looking for a better skin. Definitely not my case jajajaja

Thanks for the advice.

davids1
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#6  Post by davids1 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:48 pm

perico wrote:Hi

Thank you davids for your response.
You are most welcome, Perico.
perico wrote:I'm aware of dr. Cathcart method to do IV injections of sodium ascorbate.

The ampoules that I have are not, in principle, pure ascorbic acid because Bayer uses the ascorbic acid name as a commercial name. I know that ascorbic acid injected directly into your bloodstream is dangerous to your veins. In the composition of the ampuoles they say that vitamin C is the active component, so they are ambiguous, but as the product is for injection let be confidant this time and think that this solution is a buffered one.

davids, do you know how to dilute these ampoules, or in what quantity of saline solution do I have to dilute 1g of vitamin C? even in the case of Carthcart method, what I have to do if I want only a 1g injection?
Well, if looks like 250 grams of sodium ascorbate [powder/crystals] is mixed with [almost] 200 cc's of [sterile] water, so each gram of sodium ascorbate [powder/crystals] would be mixed with 0.8 cc's of water. However, it sounds like what you have is already diluted, so I do not know how much sodium ascorbate you actually have in each your "ampoules."

I believe Johnwen is a doctor. Perhaps he, and/or eDoc, could/would give you the specifics, although they may not want to encourage you to do this on your own. If you are only going to inject 1 gram, I assume [but could be wrong] that you probably are not taking a big risk. But I am neither a doctor nor a chemist, so caveat emptor! Obviously, if it were me, I would be ingesting my ascorbic acid/ascorbate orally.
perico wrote:Do you have a good response with oral vitamin C, no lipo?
I can only say that I have [at least what appears to be] excellent health, e.g. I haven't had a headache, or a "cold," or any illness whatsoever, for at least 10 or 15 years, take no drugs whatsoever ["novocaine" ocassionally excepted], and basically feel good all of the time.

And yes, I do not ingest "lipo" [although if I were in different circumstances (health-wise and/or "life-wise"), I might certainly consider doing so].
JFYI, I have ingested a Bowel Tolerance dose of ascorbic acid [via one gram tablets], in HEALTH, not illness [of which I have had virtually none], basically every day since 1994, amounting to [currently], on average, 75+ grams [daily], in 10 to 15 divided doses.

skyorbit
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by skyorbit » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 pm

If all you want is 1 gram, why would you inject it? IV C is for when you're wanting high dose vitamin C.

You could take 5 grams of regular C in divided intervals throughout the day and get more then 1 G of C into your bloodstream.

Tracy

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#8  Post by Johnwen » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:10 am

perico;
Do you have any experience or training in doing injections???

This solution Does Not have to be diluted to be injected it is premixed but being in a glass ampoule gives it it's own set of procedures to use it safely.
Do you know these??

Although it can get in the system faster by shooting it, the safer route would be the oral route as discribed by the other posters on this thread.

B/T is the best indicator for those who have problems but for general supplementing in a healthy person a daily dosing of 50Mg/Kg (50Mg.V-C per Kilogram of body weight) would be a good protective dose.
Think SAFE!!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

perico
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#9  Post by perico » Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:57 am

Hi guys,

Johnwen my neighbor is a nurse. She has the technique to do right the injection.

In the prospect of these ampoules Bayer don't specifies how I have to do the intravenous injection. They don't tell if you have to make a dilution or shot them directly.

Finally we found that this ampoules of 1g of vitamin C must to be diluted in 50ml of saline solution and then you can make a drip.

I already probe the 1g injection and didn't notice anything. Yesterday, with 2 g, I really have a good healing sensation in the body (a little bit light). I will keep on the test.

Regards.

NabilaJ
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#10  Post by NabilaJ » Mon May 11, 2020 12:14 am

We are using Vitamin C I.V 10000mg (10grams) 100ml bottle from PharmaLife Laboratories

Return to “Intravenous Vitamin C (IV/C)”