New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Discussion of the benefits and disadvantages of commercial and homemade (DIY) liposomal vitamin C

Moderator: ofonorow

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Re: New Method for Very High Potency Liposomal Vitamin C

Post Number:#196  Post by Jacquie » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:36 am

donw146 wrote:Hi everyone. Like the last poster to this thread from 2018 I'm new to this forum and Liposomal Vitamin C. I stumbled across the subject while reading coronavirus articles and hoped I had found something that could help. I'm planning on making the recipe described by qualityliposomalc using the following variations:
1. Blender only (I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner and they're very expensive to buy in Canada).
2. Vodka
3. NOW brand ascorbic acid and sunflower lecithin powder.
I noticed that Step 2 of the process says "It is important that mixture is nicely warm to touch as this ensures that the lecithin granules have melted and avoids any chance of separation." I would prefer to be more precise about the temperature. Some searches I ran on "transition temperature" suggested that the temperature should be raised to about 45 - 49°C. I hope that some of you can comment on this.

120 degrees F seems far too warm to my memory of making lipsomal C at home. I believe that temperature would destroy a certain amount of your vitamin c before it gets encapsulated. If I recall correctly, I heated the mixture to 95 degrees F, or 35 C.

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#197  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Jacquie wrote:
donw146 wrote:Hi everyone. Like the last poster to this thread from 2018 I'm new to this forum and Liposomal Vitamin C. I stumbled across the subject while reading coronavirus articles and hoped I had found something that could help. I'm planning on making the recipe described by qualityliposomalc using the following variations:
1. Blender only (I don't have an ultrasonic cleaner and they're very expensive to buy in Canada).
2. Vodka
I noticed that Step 2 of the process says "It is important that mixture is nicely warm to touch as this ensures that the lecithin granules have melted and avoids any chance of separation." I would prefer to be more precise about the temperature. Some searches I ran on "transition temperature" suggested that the temperature should be raised to about 45 - 49°C. I hope that some of you can comment on this.

120 degrees F seems far too warm to my memory of making lipsomal C at home. I believe that temperature would destroy a certain amount of your vitamin c before it gets encapsulated. If I recall correctly, I heated the mixture to 95 degrees F, or 35 C.

Liposomes will not form at 35C because the transition temperature does not occur with Lecithin below 43C. If you do not reach the transition temperature then you do not form liposomes. The only alternative is to use a different form of phosphatidylcholine with a lower transition temperature. There are many different forms of PC but most are not easily available.

45C might be higher than absolutely necessary, ~43-44C might be enough. Ascorbic acid should be okay at that temperature. 49C is higher than necessary but is around the top end of the transition range.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#198  Post by Jacquie » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:13 am

BrightSideOfLife wrote:
Jacquie wrote:
2. Vodka

Liposomes will not form at 35C because the transition temperature does not occur with Lecithin below 43C. If you do not reach the transition temperature then you do not form liposomes. The only alternative is to use a different form of phosphatidylcholine with a lower transition temperature. There are many different forms of PC but most are not easily available.

45C might be higher than absolutely necessary, ~43-44C might be enough. Ascorbic acid should be okay at that temperature. 49C is higher than necessary but is around the top end of the transition range.

Your assertion contradicts the instructions on the website quoted on the first post of this thread. Do you have a source that backs up your claim for the higher temperatures being necessary?

BrightSideOfLife
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#199  Post by BrightSideOfLife » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:35 am

Jacquie wrote:
BrightSideOfLife wrote:
Jacquie wrote:

Your assertion contradicts the instructions on the website quoted on the first post of this thread. Do you have a source that backs up your claim for the higher temperatures being necessary?

Other things have occupied my time therefore I have not been able to reply until now. One of the problems with lecithin is that there is no standard because it contains different quantities of fatty acids which alters the transition temperature. I have come across something which seems related in that it shows temperature and ultrasonic energy applied time. I somehow doubt that you will like it because the temperature is fairly high.

Have a read and see what you think. OPTIMIZATION OF MIXING TEMPERATURE AND SONICATION DURATION IN LIPOSOME PREPARATION

colmgannon

Post Number:#200  Post by colmgannon » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 am

going to try make some liposomal tomorrow. but wondered if was imperative to use distilled water? or would spring water (with a ppm of around 155ppm be ok?). im not sure.

wala

Post Number:#201  Post by wala » Sat Jun 26, 2021 4:27 pm

I tried the methods described throughout the site. The results were awful. No wonder there is virtually no interest in this forum, with few current posts. I see no rave reviews of the end product, only discussion of technique and theory. If home made high quality LVC could be made using a blender or ultrasonic cleaner, people would be putting companies like Livon and Quicksilver Scientific out of business.
I was able to compare my home made LVC with one professionally made by a lab (Quicksilver Scientific). It was plain as day that my home brews contained little LVC. Texture was always bad, and acid taste predominated. The lab-made product was smooth and syrupy, with no acidic taste whatsoever. And zero GI side effects.
I returned my LVC "brewing" equipment to Amazon.
My 2 cents: don't bother trying to make your own. Just bite the bullet and buy a quality LVC from a reputable company. Trying to save a buck works for some things in life, but not for this.

Jacquie
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#202  Post by Jacquie » Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:59 am

wala wrote:I tried the methods described throughout the site. The results were awful. No wonder there is virtually no interest in this forum, with few current posts. I see no rave reviews of the end product, only discussion of technique and theory. If home made high quality LVC could be made using a blender or ultrasonic cleaner, people would be putting companies like Livon and Quicksilver Scientific out of business.
I was able to compare my home made LVC with one professionally made by a lab (Quicksilver Scientific). It was plain as day that my home brews contained little LVC. Texture was always bad, and acid taste predominated. The lab-made product was smooth and syrupy, with no acidic taste whatsoever. And zero GI side effects.
I returned my LVC "brewing" equipment to Amazon.
My 2 cents: don't bother trying to make your own. Just bite the bullet and buy a quality LVC from a reputable company. Trying to save a buck works for some things in life, but not for this.

It *is* possible to make liposomal encapsulated vitamin c at home - it's been tested by labs a few times by some doctors in the community who have used the home brew methods. However, not all the ascorbic acid gets encapsulated, which accounts for the acid taste that remains. Also, it's a lot of messing around and time invested. Home brew lipo is best for people who need many many grams of lipo c, to heal a bad health condition, or manage chronic illness, without the costs (over a dollar a gram for commercial!) getting too exorbitant. For the rest of folks just trying to maintain good health, the commercial stuff is usually a better value for the time involved.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#203  Post by pamojja » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:11 am

Also see my post from a year ago, when it became clear to me that exorbitant pricy liposmal can't be a replacement for high dose vitamin C on the Pauling therapy: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15084

wala wrote:I tried the methods described throughout the site. The results were awful.
.. Just bite the bullet and buy a quality LVC from a reputable company. Trying to save a buck works for some things in life, but not for this.

The problem is rather that with all the money in the world one can't replaceregular high dose ascorbic acid intake on Pauling's therapy with liposomal.

However, I'm always interested in opposing views. So in which way did high quality LVC in your case provide not 'awful' results?

zackw419
Contributor
Contributor

Post Number:#204  Post by zackw419 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:13 pm

Hi All,

Can anyone who has done testing point me in the right direction as to the 'gold standard' method of making liposomal vitamin c. I see some conflicting information here regarding temperature, etc. Wondering if anyone can chime in and maybe link me to a trusted source.

Thanks!

Return to “Liposomal Vitamin C”