mega dosing on magnesium ascorbate

What is vitamin C? Is there such a thing as a vitamin C complex? Why do so many people now believe in the complex?

Moderator: ofonorow

Elleppo

mega dosing on magnesium ascorbate

Post by Elleppo » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:34 am

AA makes my GERD very worse. So I've been taking it with bi-carb of soda. For the first 4 months, my GERD was controlled well. Now it's got bad again. It has been suggested to me to try Magnesium Ascorbate. So I have and found it to be very tolerable. So if I want to take 12 grams of magnesium ascorbate daily 4 grams 3 times a day my daily input of magnesium will go to 720 mg of elemental magnesium. Some people have said that because its mag Oxide, one does not need to worry. Does anybody know anything about Mega Dosing on magnesium ascorbate? Thanks for your reply

Blanko
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: mega dosing on magnesium ascorbate

Post by Blanko » Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:50 pm

The issue with magnesium is that it will make you fatigued, at least after a period of time. Magnesium really should be taken only in the evenings. Therefore I don't like the idea of taking mag ascorbate throughout the days. In my case, I've noticed a direct correlation between taking magnesium and feeling fatigued. I'm benefiting from magnesium to a great extent, but I would never take it during the day unless I were wanting to nap.

pamojja
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: mega dosing on magnesium ascorbate

Post by pamojja » Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:59 am

The issue with magnesium is that it will make you fatigued,
Only Magnesium-malate does make wake up, so I can't take before sleep. All other forms of Mg - even at very high doses - don't do anything, neither waking up nor making me sleepy.

Only Mg-IVs do calm and exorbitantly relax me. But right after the IV full of energy, always higher than before.

Fatigue can be a sign of chronic disease. Or if really after every Mg dose, a sign of very important metabolic processes going into high gear after having been suspended in deficiency. Using up every energy for the so important repair processes.

Return to “Ascorbic Acid versus Vitamin C Complex”