Diagnosed with PVC:(

The discussion of the Linus Pauling vitamin C/lysine invention for chronic scurvy

Moderator: ofonorow

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Diagnosed with PVC:(

Post Number:#1  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 am

So i went for a stress test and have been told i have PVC- the feed back wasn't great but the cardio isn't worried and ticked normal for the stress test? Naturally my heart my bigger worry. Is it that common PVC? Also can Vit C/PT help with something like this arrythmia?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Re: Diagnosed with PVC:(

Post Number:#2  Post by Johnwen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:00 am

Anything under 100 in 24 hours is considered NORMAL!

Having Pvc's is all the more reason to take Pauling Rec's!!!
It keeps the heart strong to put up with these misfires.
You may want to up your V-B1 intake also First check what you already take in other Supp's
and add enough to get it up to 100Mg. per day.
A note to relax your Mind! EVERYBODY HAS PVC's Repeat EVERYBODY!!!
How many is the problem!!
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is
research!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#3  Post by jimmylesante » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks Johnwen!
I just take a multi b once a day 2mg of B1. Have some Bcom and b12 jabs i'll use up.
He said it was isolated PVC- i made it too 98% of my MHR- which i assume is a good sign that a heart attack is not round the corner?!? Or is it-is the MRA the best judge?
I went because after sitting down studying for a few hours, at a desk, i felt faint. Which is wrong, standing up from sitting should normally result in a faint or dizziness.

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#4  Post by Johnwen » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:04 pm

So you got a “Pass,” on the stress test that’s good! Their probably going to do a, “Tilt Table Test,” Next! These are fun for some bad for others!
In the mean time something that maybe very helpful is to have a, “Home BP Checker,” Handy when you sit down to study or wherever you have these episodes. Put the cuff on your arm (not tight) and go about what your doing when you feel it happening check your BP and pulse. If BP is low and pulse raises it’s a good chance it’s cardioneurogenic which means something is signaling the circulatory system of the legs to dilate and causes blood to pool in the legs. This could also be caused by dehydratation or low electrolytes so first try drinking a glass of Gator-aide or other sweat drinks before you sit down to work.
If there is no change in pulse and BP it could be your balance system is out of whack. A ENT can do a Vestibular Function test to rule this out.
Then there’s the Good old EYE TEST!!! You might need glasses or a change in your script if you wear them already!
The BP check would be the first on my list to check it’s cheap, it’s fast and it’s done by you. Then hit the Gator-aide next.
Hope this helps in putting a finger on the problem if it don’t the other tests can get to be scary!
research!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#5  Post by jimmylesante » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:55 pm

Hi Johnwen
I took my pulse at the time, it was 88, slighty high from the normal 76-i wasn't very anxious as on an Ambulance Technician course and was surrounded by trained people.
Eyes are fine apart from colour blindness.
Tilt test-not gonna happen here in Zimbabwe
I'd had my 3g Vit C in a 500ml bottle, then water 500ml then a sweet cup of tea and a few sandwhiches b4 it happened.
When it happens i get a crazy urge to get up and walk/exercise.
I've heard of positional asphyxiation- could it be positional ensanguination(made up that word-read blood blocking:) Perhaps i am too hunched over, squishing my heart--or simply i am too fat and squishing the return blood flow off from the legs against the hard chair?
Today was a good day as it was CPR all day so not much sitting, of course we were training to the American Heart Association video :roll:
How scary are the "other tests"?

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#6  Post by Johnwen » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:10 pm

I took my pulse at the time, it was 88, slighty high from the normal 76

Really need to match this with BP. Because if blood is pooling the BP will drop do to lack of return volume. This would cause some chest discomfort and possible rapid respiration and/or Deep Intake breaths with short exhales.
This is from lack of blood to the lungs.

When it happens i get a crazy urge to get up and walk/exercise.

This is your body telling your brain it needs to get more blood back into the pump area. This is a common occurrence with people who have extreme sanguination and are bordering on exsanguination. If your studying to be a EMT you’ll probably see this in traumatic amputation, where the person is trying get up and run away.

positional ensanguination

Above you’ll see I used this in an explanation. Let’s see ENSANGUINATION! Prefix En- means to engage or start. Sanguination means to let large amounts of blood out. Positional means in a certain configuration of position.
So when you get in a certain position you start bleeding profusely??
I really don’t think you would be in front of a computer if you had this!!!
More then likely you would be in a hospital trying to get this closed up NOW!

Or you could just say, “Sedentary appendicular hypostasis!”

Enough fun!! Seriously! Try to get a BP reading when this happens!
research!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#7  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Hmmm not sure i will appreciate seeing a traumatic amputation.
Getting a BP reading is harder. Surely someone has invented a 24hr BP machine, like the Holter monitor?
Just reading my stress test report and he has noted "exaggerated blood pressure response" from standing to first stage of exercise.
Regarding the EMT-B, any ideas where i can complete my 1000patient hours!? Would like to do it in the USA,Canada or Oz otherwise will end up in Joburg or Cape Town.
Thanks for your wisdom Johnwen.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#8  Post by jimmylesante » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:54 am

So got the BP, 115/88 pulse 92. 5ft 10 and 264lbs.

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#9  Post by jimmylesante » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:06 am

127/76 left arm
112/72 right dominant arm

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#10  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:57 am

Stopped taking vitamin C for a few days- had sharp electric pain in the right occipital/neck area referring into the brain and down to about C7, tingled through to the chest and heart started beating fast, felt dizzy and nearly collapsed- all within about 5secs. Kept breathing as was in supermarket line- felt heavy legs walking back to car. Sat in car 1min later and had residue tingling and slight whole body shaking.!
I don't know what it is- i had a reflection of sunlight hit me in the eye just before, and also had neck at an angle, slighty looking up. Thinking it may have been a pinched nerve? Perhaps a TIA?A brain squeeze?
My vit C has run out and as much as i'd like to try Owens- i don't think you send to Africa, also i couldn't keep up the upkeep. I would like to get some powdered Sodium Ascorbate- if anyone knows where to get 2kgs worth. My normal supply in UK seems to no longer exist www.meridianstar.co.uk

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#11  Post by eDOC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:04 am

Cervical Spondylosis..(disc space narrowing most likey C4/5, compressing cerbrovasuclar bundle)…get a Cervical CT /MRI.

No relation with the non availability & break in regular VC intake.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

Johnwen
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#12  Post by Johnwen » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:40 pm

Hay EDOC wouldn’t this be more like Cervical Spondylolisthesis?
He’s a little on the heavy side and younger according to previous posts I don’t believe he would be at an age where Spondylosis would be present.

Jimmy talk to your doc and see if he’ll do an Xray of your back especially if this continues.
If it is out of place or falling apart it could be causing a problem with the vagus nerve which would cause a lot of the problems with pvc’s Etc.
research!

eDOC
Ascorbate Wizard
Ascorbate Wizard

Post Number:#13  Post by eDOC » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:22 pm

True could be Cervical Spondylolisthesis, but I see more of them in lumbar region. I agree that he isn't that old just a bit on the heavier side, but have seen Spondylosis occurring at ages of 30.

Basically his last post suggests that his symptoms are originating from Cervical region & needs a CT or an MRI to confirm or exclude them.

I hope his neurovascular bundle ain't being compressed & along vertebrobasilar artery system.
Rookie, rusty, sub average doc but one that gives results!

jimmylesante
Vitamin C Expert
Vitamin C Expert

Post Number:#14  Post by jimmylesante » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:40 am

Thank you Johnwen and eDOC, you guys not only are excellent at what you do but it is easy to tell you have become very wise by doing what you do for a long time.
I have been conflicted in what the cause may be- it's so difficult to "diagnose" ones own body because objectiveness is hard.
I was a super fit person from 15-25yrs old, running 3 times a day- 800m/1500m in less than 2mins and just over 4mins, played rugby for over 25years. Then i smoked heavily but still played sport until 2yrs ago.
Now at 37, 177cm and 116kg; i have lost 14kgs but am still weighing down on the fat side of the scale.
2yrs ago when i went to hospital with similar symptoms, in this instance my left arm was shaking/trembling like a leaf. I had pain in my neck and insisted in sitting up in the ambulance as lying down increased the pressure in the neck.
They did a head CT scan which showed two incidental cysts in posterior fossa so they did an MRI(to see if there was bleeding into the cysts) i begged for a cervical MRI scan(NHS in uk ) at the same time- a small disc bulge at C4/5 and a bigger one at C5/C6 but both deemed "fairly minor" However i feel movement several times a day in my neck-i've always thought it was hypermobile my neck, similar to my ankle due to so many rugby injuries. The movement is different to the normal crepitus- the neck has also started to lock on the right side- the bulges are posterio/lateral rightside(my tackling shoulder side) I guess the docs were looking for evidence of stroke/heart problems and the neck was not deemed serious at the time. The carotid and VA doppler they also did was normal.Further autoimmune blood tests done were negative.
My total Cholesterol 2yrs ago was 190, tri-236 high and ratio HDL to total chol too high.
Which is the best test- X-ray- CT or MRI? I'm a cash patient so X-ray would be great but i bet a dye MRI would be the best?
Perhaps if i ask for a flexion-extension X-ray this may be better and in my immediate budget?
Johnwen i did get my eyes tested too- they are fine. I walked 2.5km yesterday as well- i think logically if i get rid of the 30kgs of excess blubber it'll reduce the weight on the neck and the body -plus my rugby days are over:(
Owen this is a very special forum, thankyou.

studentroland
Vitamin C Master
Vitamin C Master

Post Number:#15  Post by studentroland » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 am

It says on this site that supplemental Coenzyme Q10 can have an effect on PVC´s for some people...
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/Irregular-heartbeat-PVC-and-how-I-fixed-them/show/10253

Return to “Heart Disease: Linus Pauling's Vitamin C/Lysine Therapy”