Ask questions, seek advice, or share your experience with vitamin C

Moderators: ofonorow, popnowlin

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Prostate Cancer

Post Number:#1  Post by DiverDown2 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:18 am

I found out i had 1 small cancer in my prostate about 2 months ago,
I researched options and decided on a Procedure called TULSA, that uses MRI guidance to kill it directly using ultrasound inside the prostate.
I had the Procedure done last Thursday he said it went perfectly and another MRI shows he got it including margins. There was almost no recovery time only restrictions was wait 6 weeks to have sex, and don't do vigorous exercise for the same amount of time.

Any suggestion on supplements or if large doses of Vitamin-C will help would be appreciated.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Re: Prostate Cancer

Post Number:#2  Post by C-can » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:14 pm

You should take vitamin c in high doses daily whether you have cancer or not.

If I had cancer I would take c in as many forms and as often as possible. See Dr. Levy's recommendations.

Ascorbic acid
Ascorbyl palmitate
Sodium ascorbate
Liposomal
Intravenous

Take as much liposomal as you can afford. Livon or the liposomal sold at this site.

I take the big five per Dr. Levy:

Magnesium
K2
Vitamin c
Iodine
D3

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#3  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:11 am

Thanks for the info. and reply, i was beginning to think no one would respond.
I have been taking 18 G. ascorbic acid and 2 packs Livon Liposomal daily but i will increase i have 2 cases of 12 boxes on hand, also have some sodium ascorbate, will get the others.

I take:
Magnesium = 1200 mg. daily
K2 = 180 mcg. daily am.
Vitamin c
Iodine = 12.5 mg.
D3 = 5000 iu daily

Is the Dr. Levy's recommendations on youtube or where can i find?
thanks again for the reply.

Lemon Planet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#4  Post by Lemon Planet » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:01 am

Don't forget the lysine to fight cholesterol and zinc used by the prostate.

I just started taking the Iodine 12.5 after reading a couple of books on Iodine. They say some people need 50 mg. There is a lot of information about Iodine shrinking the breast lumps and not much information about the prostate except they are supposed to be similar in their need for Iodine. The Iodine is described as a wonder supplement for a lot of things especially for the hormone type glands including the prostate.

I am a little worried about the interaction between Vitamin C and Iodine. The information is vague about what C does to Iodine except is stated to remove the stain from Iodine. One report says not to take the Iodine and the C at the same time except I take 3000mg every 2 hours so that isn't possible. I think the problem is an over-reaction because the thyroid can convert I- to I2 and maybe the I2 is converted to I- by the Vitamin C. The chemistry is a little too complicated for my reading just doesn't seem much to worry about.

I plan to increase my Iodine after my body gets familiar with the 12.5 levels and see if that influences an enlarged prostate. I am also curious about the anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal effects except there is very little information about that feature of the Iodine and how much is needed for good results.

EDIT: I- not I+
Vitamin C: intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent insufficient ascorbic acid.

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#5  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:35 am

I omitted the Zinc, L-Lysine, and L-Proline from post but i do take the amount below.
Zinc = 15-30 mg. daily
18 G. Vitamin-C
L-Lysine = 9 G.
L-Proline = 2 G.
I take Heart Tech 4 Scoops and the additional is in pill form.

As to the iodine, once I started taking, (which i like you take so much Vitamin-C there is no way to separate with time) my thyroid labs improved to where they should be and i quit freezing.

Lemon Planet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#6  Post by Lemon Planet » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:31 am

My pituitary TSH ouput was good being towards the low end indicating the thyroid was controlling things properly. The Iodine needs of the prostate and the breasts are separate from the thyroid, if I understand correctly, and need a lot more to be optimal like the 12.5mg for example as is normal for the very healthy Japanese with their seaweed diet.

To shrink the lumps in the prostate and breasts could take even more like the 50mg amount, depending on the individual. Some people even go up to 100mg of Iodine per day for serious problems. The limit is supposed to be around 1000mg as was used in some of the old "snake oil" remedies from more than 100 years ago when there was little besides Iodine available.

Shrinking the breast lumps with higher doses prevents them from turning into cancer so that might work for the prostate in the same way is my hope. The David Brownstein, M.D. book "Iodine, Why You Need It" has a lot of good information.
Vitamin C: intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent insufficient ascorbic acid.

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#7  Post by DiverDown2 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:15 pm

My Doctor said he got the only one that was about the size of a Pea, I am just trying to keep another from forming.

Lemon Planet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#8  Post by Lemon Planet » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:12 pm

I wonder if the pea size cancer can be considered a fibrocystic prostate disease similar to fibrocystic breast disease. See "The Need for Iodine Supplementation: http://orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v13n14.shtml

In case of a dysfunctional thyroid or other illnesses, such as fibrocystic breast disease or cancer, 15-50 mg daily may be needed.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#9  Post by C-can » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:52 pm

DiverDown2 wrote:
Is the Dr. Levy's recommendations on youtube or where can i find?
thanks again for the reply.

He talks about it here at about 1:25:37 but I would listen to the whole presentation.

https://youtu.be/TATbA2RoJFo

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#10  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:01 am

thanks for the link.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#11  Post by C-can » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:46 am

Hope you have a fast recovery. You seem to be way ahead of about 97% of folks with a diagnosis who never crack a book or question their pcp strategy.

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#12  Post by DiverDown2 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:49 pm

I try to take control of my health,
It took a lot of research to determine that the TULSA (stands for ‘transurethral ultrasound ablation) procedure was best for me, it uses ultrasound and there is NO chemicals involved.
I am just looking to keep any reoccurrence from happening.
I keep finding that iodine deficiency plays a pretty big role in cancer especially prostate.

C-can
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#13  Post by C-can » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:51 pm

Since you mention the ultrasound therapy and no chemicals, have you heard about hyperthermia? It uses heat to weaken cancer cells/tumors, and make concurrent therapies more effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ANoVE2cyFo

Using a sauna regularly is something you might consider also. It's one of Dr. Levy's recommendations for general health. I used to sit in sauna at the gym before covid. One day I would like to have one at my house. 

If you went to sauna before and after your ultrasound, the tumor might be in a more weakened state. As you may know, cancer cells are not particularly roubust compared to normal healthy cells. They can mutate, multiply, and metastasize but don't withstand stress like healthy cells. This is the foundational principle for all non-surgical cancer treatment, subject the affected area to some kind of stress and hope to kill cancer while relying on the strength of normal cells to endure. With chemo and radiation you get side effects. Less so with heat (or ultrasound presumably).

DiverDown2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#14  Post by DiverDown2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:40 am

Found this about the importance of Iodine's role in, Cancer and Fibrocystic Disease
This is the Best Read I have seen on Iodine and it's role in the body

https://35518.app.netsuite.com/core/med ... 5&_xt=.pdf

Lemon Planet
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Post Number:#15  Post by Lemon Planet » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:30 pm

Iodine has an interesting history. The soldiers during the Civil War carried iodine to purify contaminated water in their canteen. Iodine was also used extensively by the medics during the Civil War for injuries.

Guy Abraham mentions the entry in the Encyclopedia Britannica, 1911 where the usual dose was from 600 to 900 milligrams and sometimes up to 6 grams for syphilis. I found that entry:

The Encyclopaedia Britannica, Eleventh Edition, 1911, Volume XIV
https://ia800303.us.archive.org/10/items/EB1911WMF/VOL14_HUSBAND-ITALIC.pdf

page 725
In medicine iodine is frequently applied externally as a counter-
irritant, having powerful antiseptic properties. In the form of
certain salts iodine is very widely used, for internal administration
in medicine and in the treatment of many conditions usually
classed as surgical, such as the bone manifestations of tertiary
syphilis. The most commonly used salt is the iodide of potassium,
the iodides of sodium and ammonium are almost as frequently
employed, and those of calcium and strontium are in occasional
use. The usual doses of these salts are from five to thirty grains
or more.

page 726
The following is a
list of the principal conditions in which iodides are recognized
to be of definite value: metallic poisonings, as by lead and
mercury, asthma, aneurism, arteriosclerosis, angina pectoris,
gout, goitre, syphilis, haemophilia, Bright's disease (nephritis)
and bronchitis.

1 grain = 64.79891 milligrams or 0.065 grams

Return to “General Discussion Topics and Issues”